Bedbug Control in Devon & Cornwall
We provide control of bedbugs throughout Devon and Cornwall – including Plymouth, Exeter and Torbay.
Our knowledge and understanding of the habits of potential problem species enables us to deliver fast and efficient solutions, and also to provide advice and longer-term support with ensuring that a return of the issue is avoided …
Bedbug (Cimex lectularius) are the masters of global hitchhiking and as worldwide travel has increased the corresponding numbers of reported infestations in the UK has increased sharply.
Whilst not known to directly spread disease the insect can cause substantial nuisance, as they feed at night on sleeping human hosts. Itching caused by the bites and the possibility of secondary infection are common. All stages of bedbugs take blood meals and so are equally important as nuisance pests. Reaction depends upon the individual but it is possible to develop a high number of large, extremely itchy raised bites.
Signs of Bedbug Activity
- Black spotting on bed frame and sheets
- Eggs (approx 1mm)
- Nymph skins (shed skin cases)
- Bites on host (not always present depending on allergic response) typically in clusters of 3.
- Blood spots on sheets
- Almond like smell in heavily infested rooms
- Discomfort, irritation and potential secondary infection
- Loss of revenue and reputation
Bedbug Control Solutions
- Non-Chemical intervention & treatment Inc. Steam & Heat
- Chemical intervention
Bedbug Fact …
Female bedbugs must consume a blood meal prior to laying eggs.